Back to Newsroom

Retirees and beneficiaries: What to do if you did not receive your June 2024 benefit

1 July 2024

If you didn’t receive your monthly benefit at the end of June 2024, it is most likely due to the non-receipt by the Fund of your 2023 Certificate of Entitlement (CE). The benefits of retirees and beneficiaries who did not submit their 2023 CE, Digital CE (DCE), or another valid signature document to the Fund in 2023 have been suspended effective with the June 2024 payroll, as per the Fund’s Regulations. The June benefit is released on 30 June and may take several business days to reach your account.

How to confirm if your benefit was suspended:

You may verify if your monthly benefit was indeed suspended under the ‘Disbursements’ tab in your UNJSPF Member Self-Service (MSS) portal. For suspended cases, the payment status will be “On Hold”. If the status is “Issued” or “Reconciled”, your benefit has not been suspended.

How to submit your proof of life and reinstate your benefit if it was suspended due to non-receipt by the Fund of the 2023 CE:

Submit to the Fund your dated and hand signed 2023 Certificate of Entitlement (CE) form. The CE form must bear your original ink signature and the signature date. You can use the paper CE form the Fund has mailed to you OR, if you are not paid under the Two-Track system, you can access, download and print your barcoded CE form inside your UNJSPF Member Self-Service (MSS) portal under the Document tab.


  • Issue your 2024 Digital CE inside the DCE App. For more information on the DCE App and how to enroll and issue your DCE, please refer to our website here. We strongly encourage this manner of submitting your proof of life, as it will allow for the fastest reinstatement process of your suspended benefit, back into the account from which it was suspended.


Send a letter to the Fund. If you cannot access the CE form or issue the DCE, please provide a letter to the Fund, with your full name, your official address, your UNJSPF reference number (Unique ID or/and retirement number/s), your ORIGINAL ink signature and the signature date; the letter must also include the subject line: CE related Benefit Suspension - Request for Reinstatement”.

How to submit the CE to the Fund:

  • Electronic document submission of CE form in UNJSPF Member Self Service (MSS):

Beneficiaries can submit the annual CE or another signature document, inside their MSS account under the MSS Document Upload tab; documents must be first dated, and hand-signed before uploading the scanned copy inside their MSS (electronically signed documents are NOT accepted).
This is the preferred and most time-effective way of submitting documents to the Fund.
*For guidance on MSS registration, please refer to the online tutorial here.
*For guidance on MSS Document Upload, please refer to the online tutorial here.

  • Submission of original paper CE form by mail:
    Beneficiaries can send the required documentation to the Fund by postal mail, special courier, or pouch services. No photocopies of signature documents will be accepted in lieu of an original, verifiable signature. The Fund’s mailing addresses are provided on our website here.
  • In person drop-off of original paper CE in New York or Geneva:
    You can visit the Fund’s offices in Geneva or New York during official walk-in service hours to remit your duly completed CE form in person. Or, you an use the drop-off mailboxes available at the Fund’s Geneva location where duly completed, dated and signed documents can be remitted. No photocopies of signature documents will be accepted in lieu of an original, verifiable signature. For details about visiting hours and about the location of the Geneva drop-off mailboxes are available on our website here.
  • Issuance of the 2024 Digital CE (DCE) via the DCE App:
    You can enroll in the DCE App and issue your DCE for 2024 in biometric format inside the app. For detailed information and guidance about the DCE, please refer to the dedicated DCE webpage Digital Certificate of Entitlement (DCE) - UNJSPF.  
  • Other:
    Contacting the UNJSPF - Beneficiaries who cannot use any of the above-mentioned channels should please contact the Fund via one of the phone numbers mentioned on the contact us web page, or send a message via the online Contact Us form identifying themselves as retiree/beneficiary, selecting the contact reason “Non-Receipt of regular monthly benefit payment”, and providing all the required information, so that we can assist. Or, you can write directly to [email protected] with the same information.

Once the valid proof of life is received by the Fund and confirmed acceptable, the reinstatement of your benefit will be initiated. Normally, you can expect to receive applicable retroactive payments within three to four weeks and your monthly benefit will be issued on the regular monthly payroll once the reinstatement process has been completed. Once your benefit has been reinstated you can track this in the MSS Disbursement tab.

What if my bank account has changed?

Normally, your suspended benefit will be reinstated into the same account from which it was suspended, unless you specifically request payment into a new account. To reinstate your benefit into a new bank account please submit the following:

  1. A duly completed, dated, and hand-signed form PF23, which you can access and print from your MSS portal under the E-Forms tab or download here.
  2. A voided cheque or a copy of your recently dated bank statement or a screen capture of your recently dated online bank statement that includes your full name and account number. This is to confirm the information provided on form PF23.
  3. A copy of your valid government-issued picture ID document (passport or another government-issued ID document that bears your full name, date of birth, and signature).

These documents can be submitted electronically via MSS, by mail, or in person, as described above.

What if my residence or postal address has changed?

Your address can be updated inside your MSS account, under the Address tab (this is not an option if you are on the Two Track), OR by submitting form PF23M electronically via MSS, by mail, or in person; as described above. You can print form PF23M from your MSS account under the E-Forms tab or download from our website: Forms - UNJSPF.

It is key that the Fund has your up-to-date contact details on file, including your personal email and telephone number, to ensure that all UNJSPF communication reaches you.

For detailed and up-to-date information about the Fund’s annual CE exercise and how you can comply with the annual requirement of providing your proof of life to the Fund, please visit the dedicated CE page and DCE page on our website:

If you have any other related questions, please contact the Fund via the official contact channels provided on our Contact Us webpage, or directly at [email protected].

LinkedIn Twitter