The first thing you will need to do is send us a death notification. Send us an email announcing the death of a retiree or beneficiary and include the UID, the name as it is on file at the Fund and the date of death. You should do this as soon as possible for administrative purposes.
In general, the Fund will require, as applicable and if not already in its file, the submission of copies of the following documents to process the benefits. We remind you to please include the participant’s/retiree’s Unique Identification Number (UID) when sending the documents below:
1. Death Certificate of the participant/retiree;
2. Marriage Certificate(s) of the participant’s/retiree’s widow/widower and/or divorced surviving spouse;
3. Divorce Decree(s) of the participant’s/retiree’s divorced surviving spouse;
4. Birth Certificate of each beneficiary;
5. Original and authenticated Payment Instructions (form Pens.E/2) from each beneficiary; and
6. Copy of an Official Identification Document from each beneficiary and bearing the beneficiary’s signature (such as passport, driver’s license, national identity card).
2. Unique ID and Member Self-Service
These links will provide you information about UID and MSS. You will need a UID to register to Member Self-Service. If you don’t have one just send an email to email@example.com to request one.